Reports to: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job description includes but not limited to the following:
Ideal candidate is professional and motivated with a strong work ethic. Directs all Departmental and shift personnel to comply with all production requirements in an effective and safe manner, complying with the norms of quality and safety. Has the ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be a team player yet able to work independently with little supervision. Must be organized, flexible, analytical and detail oriented, be able to make good judgment decisions and to multitask. This position offers growth and job stability.
The successful candidate will be passionate about: leading by example to promote safety, motivating production teams to meet or exceed quality and production goals. This position will oversee production.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Perform job duties adhering to quality specifications, food safety, legality and company policies
- Direct and supervise activities of operators, and all production personnel.
- Schedule work assignments
- Collaborate with Maintenance Manager to schedule preventive maintenance activities
- Complete reports for production numbers, “down time”, attendance, overtime, and quality checks and submit to Production Manager
- Train, coach, and review performance of shift employees. Work with HR for employee discipline issues, termination, and recruitment.
- Build a positive work environment
- Obtain production order for their shift.
- Take necessary measures to complete each order.
- Insure the safety conditions in department (Machine guards, complying with LOTO, Prevent unsafe acts).
- Verify that all employees have the necessary materials to do their job and have appropriate safety equipment.
- Make sure that all product codes are correct.
- Makes sure to read production reports, including the operators and leads.
- Makes decisions with the quality department regarding products put on hold due to wrong specifications.
- Comply with the Production standards, efficiency, waste, overweight, pounds-per-man hour.
- Share all production information from current shift to the supervisor of the next shift.
- Makes sure that the product complies with the Total Quality standards.
- Run Reports
- Enforce all company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Ensure departmental budgets are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In the absence of Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for those duties with the assistance of Operations Manager.
Responsible for startup and shutdown of lines on a daily basis
Monitor product quality and inform QC of any deviations from the standard
Education / Skills / Abilities Required:
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical skills and experience a plus
- Bi-lingual is preferred but not required.
- Must have a flexible availability to work as business demands.
- AIB Food Safety Training and Food Processing
- Management and Leadership experience
- Microsoft Office Computer skills
- Effective Communication and Training Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Principal purpose of the job and its main objectives are as follows:
- Operate production line and responsible for recording all machine downtime analysis.
- Experience with operating automation equipment.
- Notify production manager of any machine related issues including areas for improvement.
- Utilize utility personnel to aid in the production of the finished products.
- Perform duties in a safe manner and assure a proper safe environment.
- Notify maintenance personnel of any issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting of the machines when they are not running properly.
- Train utility personnel on their various positions on the line and monitor their activity.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process to eliminate downtime.
- Assist in writing SOPs for Great American Snacks.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Great American Snacks is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply Now (English) Aplica Ya (Español)