Packaging Machine Technician
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Hourly Rate: $20.02 to $22.10
Job Function: To ensure that finished goods are packaged within quality specifications, packaging equipment is maintained and product standard and/or protocol.
- Ability to run a form, fill and seal packaging machine to the greatest efficiency.
- Knowledgeable about the ISHIDA scale functions in order to maximize weight and line efficiency.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble the ISHIDA scale and the packaging machine to make adjustments as needed throughout production.
- Ability to perform maintenance functions above operator level and safety and sanitation inspections of both the scale and packaging machine.
- Train new packaging machine operators to operate and maintain the Ishida Scale(s) and associated packaging equipment.
- Communicate with Production Supervisor, Line Leader, Maintenance, Inspectors and all other shifts, on an ongoing basis, those operational issues that affect productivity and efficiency.
- Timely completion of required paperwork.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Cross-train in other areas pertinent to understanding the production process in order to make the packaging machine as efficient as possible.
- Maintains work area in a safe and clean environment at all times.
- Coordinates work duties with Production Supervisor during down time.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Follows and complies with all universal job qualifications.
- Follows all established Good Manufacturing Practices.
Apply Now (English) Aplica Ya (Español)