Manufacturing EMP/Micro Coordinator
Reports to: Quality Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Brief Job Description:
The Manufacturing EMP/Micro Coordinator provides transition and communication between production and support departments on a daily basis to complete the operations of the environmental monitoring systems. This position also ensures all EMP samples are collected, documented, and routed. This position acts as the primary backup to the Micro Systems Coordinator. An ability to quickly re-prioritize and adjust planned duties based on daily events is a must in this role. Driving continuous improvement is expected.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert to coordinate all aspects of the Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Update EMP procedures and policies as new changes are implemented through document control.
- Report data and graphs on a regular basis for daily direction setting, monthly KPIs, or projects as needed.
- Perform and lead root cause analysis for EMP out of spec results, and assist with audit findings, foreign material and other non-conformances as assigned.
- Communicate notifications for all departments within plant and communicate overdue requests.
- Work closely with all departments to maintain flow of communication and provide leadership while promoting cooperation between other departments.
- Coordinate and fabricate requested samples for shipment when requested by management, suppliers, or other outside parties.
- Assist in sanitation validation testing.
- Support review of all finished micro samples once completed and entered by Microbiology Technicians.
- Prepare and collect micro samples for pathogen testing of the environment while following proper GMPs, safety guidelines, and aseptic procedures.
- Monitor and sample.
- Maintain visibility to the areas that are out of specification for micros, perform investigations and consult on corrective actions when needed. Maintain a list of sample collection sites, prepare paperwork, labels, confirm for accuracy, organize and submit samples.
- Monitor and evaluate new equipment for impact to the quality system and environmental program.
- Assist Quality Supervisor and Quality Manager in finished goods lot traces or recall processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or management discipline and/or 3 years related experience preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in basic English and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, proportions, areas, and volumes. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions with minimal guidance and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong ability to work with others as a team, and independently to complete tasks.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and troubleshoot to help determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Leadership capability
- Adapt well in fast paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of HACCP and general QC/GMP practices and procedures.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- QC Technician or Micro Lab experience preferred
Scope of Authority
- All employees have the right to question or refuse a work related directive that is unsafe.
- All employees are expected to take appropriate measures regarding employee, product or equipment safety.
Potential Hazards and Environmental Factors
- Chemicals (cleaning)
- Wet or slippery surfaces
- Concrete floor, uneven footing
- Stair steps/ladder
The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required for the position. Flexibility and improvement of job skills are essential to all positions at Great American Snacks.
The health and safety of Great American Snacks, Inc/McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate’s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
Great American Snacks is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply Now (English)