Reports to: Production Supervisor
Labor Group: A
Job Function: To inspect and package finished goods in designated boxes according to Quality spec sheets, customer specifications and company policies. Adhere to food safety, legality, and quality.
- Inspect the finished goods for proper size, adequate coating of product, check for product that does not meet company standards. Ensure the packages are properly coded. Make sure labels and film are centered on the finished packages. Communicate quality and equipment problems with both your Line Leader and Supervisor.
- Responsible for discarding waste in the designated garbage bins.
- Responsible for packaging finished goods in properly labeled boxes, maintains packing rate that is consistent with the line speed and minimizes product losses through proper handling.
- Responsible for the proper set-up of the packing area, including reports. Ensures the use of the correct packaging, labels and codes. Minimize over packing by maintaining count for each individual case of product and minimize the amount of waste falling to the floor.
- Package product at a rate consistent with the line speed. Ensure packaged product is properly closed. Sort out those materials that are sub-standard per quality specifications. Clear case sealer when stops occur. Maintain an accurate supply of tape for the case sealer. If necessary, fill preformed boxes with plastic lining.
- Work area will be maintained in a safe and clean environment at all times.
- When the line is down, seek further direction from your Line Leader or Supervisor as to what you can do to stay productive.
- You must be able to rotate through four positions (catching, weighing, packaging and inspecting) at the standards set by each line.
- Follows and complies with all universal job qualifications.
- Follows all established Good Manufacturing Practices.
Apply Now (English) Apply Now (Spanish)